Back to school can be stressful for everybody, including your pets! Here are some ideas to ease the change!
1. Start and keep a daily routine that will work with your daily life aall year long. Include walks, socializing and play. Include the whole family.
2. Have your children give your pet a special toy that they love when they are ready to leave, put the toy away when they get home (to keep it special).
3. Hide your pets favorite treats around the house for them to find through out the day.
4. Have your children play games like fetch when they first get home. Think of it like pet homework! Make sure to play before after school activities.
5. Have your children spend 'quiet' time with your pet reading outloud. You can record them so that it can be played back at a later time when your pet will be home alone. Some people call their answering machines and 'talk' to their pets when they are not home!